PolyLevel Saving BBQ's One Patio at a Time in Indian Tail, NC
Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021 by Heather Robb
It's finally warming up and soon it'll be BBQ by the pool season! Now is the time to fix the cracks around your patio and pool areas. PolyLevel to the rescue!
- Strong but light: PolyLevel® weighs only about 4lbs. per cubic ft., compared to 120lbs. per cubic ft. for standard fill material. PolyLevel®'s light weight makes it useful where denser fill material might impose an undesirable load on weak soils. Despite its light weight, PolyLevel® can support substantial loads; it typically provides greater lifting power than mudjacking.
- Waterproof: Once cured, PolyLevel® will not wash away. PolyLevel®'s waterproofing properties can be beneficial in certain applications.
- Stable and inert: PolyLevel® does not react with soil or moisture; it will not leach harmful chemicals into the soil.
- Quick curing. Downtime is minimized with PolyLevel® concrete repair. Full loading of the foundation, roadway, or other structural element can usually happen about 15 minutes after the material is injected.
- Adjustable: Adjusting the density and expansive force of the 2-part foam affords a wide range of geotechnical uses. Lifting force can be adjusted by fine-tuning the chemical reaction that causes the foam to expand. An experienced applicator can factor not only the weight of the structural element but also soil characteristics and temperature and weather conditions. Special formulations are possible for applications where water must be displaced.
- Noninvasive: PolyLevel® injection equipment isn't bulky, enabling applicators to access confined areas. When properly injected, PolyLevel® is not as messy or disruptive as other slab and foundation-lifting techniques.
PolyLevel® geotechnical capabilities:
- Lift settled slabs and slab foundations
- Lift and level sunken sidewalks
- Strengthen and stabilize loose soil
- Fill sinkholes and other voids
- Lift, level and stabilize roadways and airport runways
- Repair and stabilize rail beds weakened by soil washouts
- Treat soil to improve load-bearing characteristics in preconstruction applications